50 / 10050 / 100

Registration date : 2007-07-11

AMP
    Natural: 0
    Power: 0
    Instinct: 0

Re: A half way point

Post by amaterasu on Tue Sep 28 2010, 17:23

lol, I only spoiler Usopp because he has become a Man at last. Plus I know he is one of your favourites
    Lunami
    Citizen

Male
    Number of posts : 5602
    What's up Tab : Bakura's back....
    Village : Mockingbird
    Happiness bar :
    80 / 10080 / 100

Registration date : 2007-10-29

AMP
    Natural: 8
    Instinct: 8

Post by Lunami on Tue Sep 28 2010, 18:05

Usopp is awesome! He IS my favorite. lol
    SickSelfishSyQo
    Citizen

Number of posts : 21639
    What's up Tab : I'm so ninja, I cut my pizza with a sword.
    Fanclubs : Soul Eater
    Village : Scorpion
    Happiness bar :
    40 / 10040 / 100

Registration date : 2008-11-26

AMP
    Natural: 37
    Power: Frostbite
    Instinct: 43

Post by SickSelfishSyQo on Wed Sep 29 2010, 02:01

Oh wow, I'm glad you mentioned it! I'm excited ^^
    Lunami
    Citizen

Male
    Happiness bar :
    80 / 10080 / 100

AMP

Post by Lunami on Wed Sep 29 2010, 03:09

Anyway, what'd you mean half way point?
    amaterasu
    Citizen

Male
    Number of posts : 34165
    Village : Lion
    Happiness bar :
    50 / 10050 / 100

AMP

Post by amaterasu on Wed Sep 29 2010, 10:35

Oda said that this marks the halfway point of the series, so basically another 10 years of one piece left
    Lunami
    Citizen

Male
    Happiness bar :
    80 / 10080 / 100

AMP

Post by Lunami on Wed Sep 29 2010, 15:13

I wonder if Oda just wants more episodes than Shin Chan or Lupin the Third. lol
    Unfortunately though though, Yoshito Usui has died about a year ago. X.x
    quater
    Hezi
    Hezi

Male
    Number of posts : 118119
    Fanclubs : Shikamaru! NCS WOTN Veteran Princes! Soul Eaters
    Happiness bar :
    90 / 10090 / 100

Registration date : 2007-05-21

AMP
    Natural: 56
    Power: Flood Attack
    Instinct: 50

Post by quater on Wed Sep 29 2010, 15:22

To Lunami I would like to say: No.

For starters, Lupin the Third has like, 200 episodes, so he already crushed that. And Shin Chan is absolute garbage...so. Yeah.

But the real reason is: If you knew anything about One Piece and were following the story, you'd know that they really are only about halfway plotwise in about every aspect possible. They are halfway across the grandline, afterall.

So yeah. One Piece will probably be well over a thousand chapters when things are all said and done, which would leave only Detective Conan to really rival it in terms of size. And in terms of popularity the series has really no rivals, at least in Japan. Especially with Naruto and Bleach slowly dwindling in their popularity.

So no, I don't think Oda is just trying to have more episodes than Shin Chan...
    SickSelfishSyQo
    Citizen

Happiness bar :
    40 / 10040 / 100

AMP

Post by SickSelfishSyQo on Wed Sep 29 2010, 15:52

I never liked Shin-chan and don't understand why it was so huge. To this day whenever someone calls it anime, I have to raise an eyebrow.
    Lunami
    Citizen

Male
    Happiness bar :
    80 / 10080 / 100

AMP

Post by Lunami on Wed Sep 29 2010, 16:03

quater wrote:To Lunami I would like to say: No.

For starters, Lupin the Third has like, 200 episodes, so he already crushed that. And Shin Chan is absolute garbage...so. Yeah.

But the real reason is: If you knew anything about One Piece and were following the story, you'd know that they really are only about halfway plotwise in about every aspect possible. They are halfway across the grandline, afterall.

So yeah. One Piece will probably be well over a thousand chapters when things are all said and done, which would leave only Detective Conan to really rival it in terms of size. And in terms of popularity the series has really no rivals, at least in Japan. Especially with Naruto and Bleach slowly dwindling in their popularity.

So no, I don't think Oda is just trying to have more episodes than Shin Chan...
    Yup, right on Lupin. That was a total brain fart on my end. lol I wonder if I meant Detective Conan, they have over 500 and going last I checked.

Shin Chan has 670 some odd episodes. While you may not like it, it's still an anime, and still counts regardless. While we only got 52 episodes in the states, I hear they are still making more in Japan, as his people are supposedly going to continue it. And lastly, were you talking about it being "garbage" as far as art, or story? Because they reworded a lot of things in the dub to make it more interesting.

I haven't watched it since the... oh... I think Alabasta arc? And yeah, One Piece was really popular over in Japan when it started. I heard something about a mall having an entire floor or two dedicated to One Piece.

Shin chan still counts, regardless of whether or not you like it. It may not be as popular as One Piece, but it's still popular. In May of 09, it was even more popular than One Piece was.
    http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2009-06-07/japanese-anime-tv-ranking-may-4-10
    amaterasu
    Citizen

Male
    Happiness bar :
    50 / 10050 / 100

AMP

Post by amaterasu on Wed Sep 29 2010, 16:10

I wonder how those rankings represent the people?

How many teenagers liked On Piece more, but how many children liked Shin-chan who do not like One piece or are not allowed to watch it (maybe like 6-7 year olds I'm talking about)

and how big their ratio is to each other.

It is maybe comparing a popular kids tv show to a popular adult show, but with more kids watching their show than adults, the ratings are not really valid, since that adult show may be the most popular adult show, but because there are more kids, it gets a lower score
    Lunami
    Citizen

Male
    Happiness bar :
    80 / 10080 / 100

AMP

Post by Lunami on Wed Sep 29 2010, 16:48

Shin Chan? Who knows. It would depend entirely on what time it aired at, which I can't seem to find. But I can't see where it'd be seen as more of a kid show than just something to watch and laugh at? (lmao just learned that Brittany Spears liked Shin Chan)

Anyway, my point was toward how does it being garbage at all reflect the popularity of a series, the American version being changed intentionally, or it simply "not counting."

If it's the art, then maybe they just can't draw? Just lazy? Maybe they just wanted to draw things quickly like that so it could be turned out faster? It doesn't have to look amazing to be great.

If it's the story, then originally it was typical stuff, but again, changed in the English version.

http://espanol.video.yahoo.com/watch/1260259/4421075 <<< Episode 52 subtitled, part 1. Can't find the rest. X.x

If you compare the above to the episode 52 we received, you see a large difference.

SickSelfishSyQo wrote:I never liked Shin-chan and don't understand why it was so huge. To this day whenever someone calls it anime, I have to raise an eyebrow.
    A lot of people liked that it was something from Japan that was different. A friend of mine HATES anime. She made the only exception for Shin Chan, knowing full well where it was from. It was funny in a perverted way, and that appealed to a lot of people. Anime, it still is, even if it doesn't fit the graphical standards other anime have set.

A lot of people didn't like Reign: The Conqueror simply for it's artwork.
    Spoiler:
    http://illiweb.com/fa/pbucket.gif
    SickSelfishSyQo
    Citizen

Happiness bar :
    40 / 10040 / 100

AMP

Post by SickSelfishSyQo on Wed Sep 29 2010, 16:56

I must agree that the art isn't appealing. But Shin-chan doesnt seem to fit into the anime category in it's story style and presentation, either.
    Lunami
    Citizen

Male
    Happiness bar :
    80 / 10080 / 100

AMP

Post by Lunami on Wed Sep 29 2010, 16:57

How doesn't it?
    quater
    Hezi
    Hezi

Male
    Number of posts : 118119
    Fanclubs : Shikamaru! NCS WOTN Veteran Princes! Soul Eaters
    Happiness bar :
    90 / 10090 / 100

Registration date : 2007-05-21

AMP
    Natural: 56
    Power: Flood Attack
    Instinct: 50

Post by quater on Wed Sep 29 2010, 18:05

It seems more like a comic book cartoon thing.

Also, those ratings are for Anime, but when I said One Piece was number one I was more referring to Manga. And Anime News's ratings is very weird when it comes to stuff like that. I don't really trust it, just because it has said that these stories that no one I know has ever heard of are just wildly popular and I'm like, "um?" As Amaterasu said, I think it takes in a huge ratio of kids shows, but when we think of Anime we think of those aimed more towards teens, and Shounen Jump etc. So it makes it hard to figure out.

If Shin Chan is considered Anime, yet looks nothing like Anime, then why can't shows that we make in America to look like Anime and act as Anime, be considered Anime? Just a question for thought.

Fuuuuurther, when I called Shin Chan garbage, which I was right in doing, I was just doing that. Calling it garbage. It has nothing to do with your original question, which was is Oda trying to have more episodes than that. Which Oda isn't.

Also note: I just looked around and Anime News does it's best series by votes from people on the website...Or so it seems. A more accurate way to see what the best series is to see by sales total.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2009-12-04/2009-top-selling-manga-in-japan-by-series

One Piece is so popular in fact, that it is more popular than Bleach and Naruto.

Combined. At least in terms of sales.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2010-05-12/oricon/one-piece-no.57-is-best-selling-book-since-2008

And One Piece Volume 57 is the largest selling book ever published in Japan, beating out Harry Potter.

Which is why I said One Piece was the most popular. ^^

One last Edit: Wasn't One Piece doing filler back in May, when Lunami took that rating? I am just asking, because I remember it had a filler arc a few months ago?
    amaterasu
    Citizen

Male
    Happiness bar :
    50 / 10050 / 100

AMP

Post by amaterasu on Wed Sep 29 2010, 18:19

Also Shin-chan was on at 7:30 according to the site on friday night whilst One piece was on at 9:30 in the morning on Sunday
    Lunami
    Citizen

Male
    Happiness bar :
    80 / 10080 / 100

AMP

Post by Lunami on Wed Sep 29 2010, 18:59

quater wrote:It seems more like a comic book cartoon thing.
    You should see the Manga then.

Also, those ratings are for Anime, but when I said One Piece was number one I was more referring to Manga. And Anime News's ratings is very weird when it comes to stuff like that. I don't really trust it, just because it has said that these stories that no one I know has ever heard of are just wildly popular and I'm like, "um?" As Amaterasu said, I think it takes in a huge ratio of kids shows, but when we think of Anime we think of those aimed more towards teens, and Shounen Jump etc. So it makes it hard to figure out.

If Shin Chan is considered Anime, yet looks nothing like Anime, then why can't shows that we make in America to look like Anime and act as Anime, be considered Anime? Just a question for thought.
    Anime is any animation that comes out of Japan. A lot of anime come out that don't fit the usual way of art. Reign for example fleshed out the lips. Besides, remember it's called "Crayon Shin Chan," I don't think it was meant to fit the usual style to begin with, perhaps to imply it would look like something a kid would draw with, as most people use crayons growing up until they get colored pencils.

Fuuuuurther, when I called Shin Chan garbage, which I was right in doing, I was just doing that. Calling it garbage. It has nothing to do with your original question, which was is Oda trying to have more episodes than that. Which Oda isn't.
    On what basis is it garbage? And it wasn't a question so more as a rhetorical thought.

Also note: I just looked around and Anime News does it's best series by votes from people on the website...Or so it seems. A more accurate way to see what the best series is to see by sales total.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2009-12-04/2009-top-selling-manga-in-japan-by-series

One Piece is so popular in fact, that it is more popular than Bleach and Naruto.
    This I'm aware of. I'm not claiming that One Piece isn't popular, I'm merely stating that there are a lot of popular shows in Japan. In the end, it's all opinion, as no one will watch things they don't wish too, and the fact that Shin Chan is watched at all still shows that people like it.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2010-05-12/oricon/one-piece-no.57-is-best-selling-book-since-2008

And One Piece Volume 57 is the largest selling book ever published in Japan, beating out Harry Potter.

One last Edit: Wasn't One Piece doing filler back in May, when Lunami took that rating? I am just asking, because I remember it had a filler arc a few months ago?
    No idea, likely though.
    Thoughts in red.

And thanks Ama.
    Ameili
    Citizen

Number of posts : 9
    Happiness bar :
    0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2010-10-07

Post by Ameili on Mon Oct 11 2010, 05:23

Glad to come here, I would like to introduce a store of bag.It is very good---------http://www.okok999.com/---------this site is very good,they have high quality,service and after-sales service are very good. hope you will all enjoy it.
    Lunami
    Citizen

Male
    Happiness bar :
    80 / 10080 / 100

AMP

Post by Lunami on Mon Oct 11 2010, 11:47

Wow umm... Interesting. Not interested in bags though.

In any case...
    1. Bad Publicity.
    2. Quite a few people here don't have jobs, let alone the money.

In any case, I'm bored enough to feed a troll....
    SickSelfishSyQo
    Citizen

Happiness bar :
    40 / 10040 / 100

AMP

Post by SickSelfishSyQo on Mon Oct 11 2010, 13:25

When I mentioned shin chan not being anime-ish, I meant in almost every aspect possible - not just the art style. The storyline (is there even really a storyline??) isn't right, either. I suppose you can make anime out of anything, but man....Awful.
    Lunami
    Citizen

Male
    Happiness bar :
    80 / 10080 / 100

AMP

Post by Lunami on Mon Oct 11 2010, 23:58

SickSelfishSyQo wrote:When I mentioned shin chan not being anime-ish, I meant in almost every aspect possible - not just the art style. The storyline (is there even really a storyline??) isn't right, either. I suppose you can make anime out of anything, but man....Awful.
    Again, the storyline was changed DRASTICALLY when they made it to the American version. You'd have to watch it in Japanese in order to know otherwise.
    clonia
    Citizen

Number of posts : 10
    Happiness bar :
    0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2010-09-20

Post by clonia on Sat Nov 06 2010, 05:37

Lunami wrote:
    quater wrote:It seems more like a comic book cartoon thing.
    You should see the Manga then.

Anime is any animation that comes out of Japan. A lot of anime come out that don't fit the usual way of art. Reign for example fleshed out the lips. Besides, remember it's called "Crayon Shin Chan," I don't think it was meant to fit the usual style to begin with, perhaps to imply it would look like something a kid would draw with, as most people use crayons growing up until they get colored pencils.

On what basis is it garbage? And it wasn't a question so more as a rhetorical thought.

This I'm aware of. I'm not claiming that One Piece isn't popular, I'm merely stating that there are a lot of popular shows in Japan. In the end, it's all opinion, as no one will watch things they don't wish too, and the fact that Shin Chan is watched at all still shows that people like it.

No idea, likely though.
    Thoughts in red.

And thanks Ama.

wow nice sharing `~!!

--------------
    MI5 DVD 1-5
    CSI New York Seasons 1-6 dvd

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Aug 22 2017, 16:40