Age restriction my ass.

Zergio
    Citizen

Male
    Number of posts : 20159
    What's up Tab : Through out it all, im only good at what im good at. all things I suck at can go die for all I care~

I buried a cat in the pet cemetery. nothing happened

AzukixZero~
    Fanclubs :
    Village : Dragon
    Happiness bar :
    99 / 10099 / 100

Registration date : 2010-02-08

AMP
    Natural: 52
    Power: Earth Armor
    Instinct: 34

Age restriction my ass.

Post by Zergio

Well, this is mostly about what people say about pokemon and it being for children. I also get the same thing for Yugioh, Digimon, and a whole bunch of bloody things.

First off, pokemon. I was a fan of it since it first came out, or rather, when I first got it. I would always seem to play alone, since no one I knew owned it, but I still played it. In elementary, it meant something to have a lvl 100 pikachu (lmao) unless they found out the missingno trick >3> (lmao even more)

But to the point! Now adays, people say that im to old to play it, and that its for children. BULLCRAP. I even get that for childrens card games..... wait, let me try that again.

I even heard people say that about Disney! Mickey Mouse is a old time classic, not meant for children only! My step sister, who is 18, collects lil toys and keychains of Disney characters, and I find that awesome. She had a Mickey Mouse Keychain from when Mickey Mouse was still Black and White! I found that epic, plus, it looked cool to me :3

I tend to like games like Kingdom Hearts, because it brings the Disney Characters to a game format young and old gamers love! (Although some are to stubborn to touch it >3>)

Back to my sister. She's a HUGE fan of Winnie the Pooh. She doesn't watch the shows or anything, but she collects those lil figurines on strings with those costumes. If she has a free toonie, she'll go and buy one.

I poke the people who say that this stuff is only for children. Although I do find it funny if they mock it just the right way~ Like with YGOTAS

Joey: Thats impossible! Only grown-ups can play childrens card games

That killed me XD;;

*looks left, then right* My sister doesn't want her old pokemon cards, so im taking them~ That, and I own Bakugan, Yugioh cards, chaotic cards, duel master cards (no idea how the hell I got those ._.), and I used to own pokemon stadium 2 with that GB cartridge...... thingie for the controller, but I don't have the nintendo, so im giving it to my lil bro.

My main point?

Yes, back to my main point.

These things don't have age restrictions on them. Sure, some people may go "thats for children" (I even got insulted >>;;;;), but they have no say on what you think of it. I love a good RPG, first person shooter and such, but I like a good, classic game like pokemon~

All you people who say that stuff is for children, come and get me. Insult me as you always have, but I like pokemon. I like Mickey Mouse, Goofy, and Donald Duck. I like Digimon, yugioh, bakugan, and all that.

What im basically saying is "Theres no damn way that this stuff is for only children!" Hell, I know my grandma has a mickey mouse mug, back from the black and white. I don't know them personally, but I know old people who still own that first gameboy ever made, playing red, blue, and yellow, with all 151 pokemon through all three games at lvl 100.

and one last question. If Disney is for children, then how come so many people my age make up the majority of kingdom hearts fanbase? Why was Disney introduced into such a fighting game?

And why does Mickey Mouse go around kicking so much ass with his kickass keyblade that's bigger then him? (or close to that?)

Im done here.
    Share this post on: Excite BookmarksDiggRedditDel.icio.usGoogleLiveSlashdotNetscapeTechnoratiStumbleUponNewsvineFurlYahooSmarking

Post on Wed Jul 07 2010, 16:01 by CLAIRVOYANTdisease

I wouldn't say there are age restrictions though, like you have to stop playing at a certain age.. its up to you what you play xP

Post on Wed Jul 07 2010, 16:16 by Zergio

I know, people just make it sound like that sometimes

Post on Wed Jul 07 2010, 16:28 by CLAIRVOYANTdisease

It's silly :P

Post on Wed Jul 07 2010, 16:29 by Zergio

Indeed

Post on Wed Jul 07 2010, 16:30 by CLAIRVOYANTdisease

^_^

Post on Wed Jul 07 2010, 16:52 by Lunami

I love Yugioh, and older series of Pokemon. But then again, I have to admit. The version of Yu-Gi-Oh!, for example that aired in the states, was a much more "child appropriate" version. I still liked it and all, Ancient Egypt needs more love; But the fact is, 4kids, made it for kids. I still love the original though. More violence and people dying than you could read in a paper.

Pokemon, the games, I love. The series, it should have died before the end of Hoenn, but that's just me.

I used to trade pokemon cards and yugioh cards with a 40 year old, and a friend of my mother has 5 sets of Exodia.

While geared toward a younger audience, it doesn't mean an older individual can't appreciate it. In the end, it's all opinion. Doesn't make it right, or wrong, just a thought, that's all. Why worry over a thought?

Post on Wed Jul 07 2010, 16:55 by Zergio

Thank you Luna ^^

Its something I always wanted to rant about, since I was always picked on for it.

Post on Wed Jul 07 2010, 17:25 by azuki_dashi16

Ohh my lord, I was wondering if Luna'd find this xD;;~

Post on Wed Jul 07 2010, 18:33 by amaterasu

The original Yu-Gi-Ih I thought was cooler than the card game series. Where Kaiba tried to kill the protagonists, involving hiring army officers to shoot electricity at them.

Post on Wed Jul 07 2010, 20:02 by CLAIRVOYANTdisease

Omg Yu-Gi-Oh GX "They are .....being sent to the stars" haha :')

Post on Thu Jul 08 2010, 11:55 by Lunami

You're welcome Zergio. By the way, loved the YGOTAS reference.

Azuki, you should know better. I'd be an awful lurker if I didn't find this. xP Especially in the Opinions blog area.

I'm assuming you're talking about Season 0 Ama? The series we got was essentially the same. Just when 4kids got ahold of it, they changed essentially everything.

You know, funny thing you should mention that Clair. Originally, I do believe that the Shadow Realm and "being sent to the stars" was essentially the same thing. Either way, it was a way of "sending the character to hell." I know the Shadow Realm was supposed to be something like an alternative to hell, where you spent your days in eternal torment. Fun stuff. In the Japanese version, the Shadow Realm was a place that showed that someone was going to die. A lot of the characters in the series who were sent there (Bonz Cid and Zygor), were banished there forever, but it would still be to the whim of the sender to return them, such as Rex and Weevil were returned in the final arc of Season 5, I believe.

Anyway, since I'm mentioning yugioh, anyone else notice how much cooler the original music was for that before 4kids got a hold of it? There's a guy who doesn't even like Yugioh, claiming that the opening to season 5 is the best shounen opening ever. lol

Post on Tue Jul 13 2010, 06:44 by UreshiiQ

<3<3 I like your point, Zerg~ And I remember seeing that when you sent that vid to me. Twice ._.; About Rebecca with the demon bear, right? XD

And seriously~ The guy I like is into Yugioh and he's three years older than me xP
    But I still play Pokemon, even if people want to be like >:O All the guys in my class have a POkemon game of some sort :P So do I...And I have a bunch of pokemon and Yugioh cards! :D

Post on Tue Jul 13 2010, 06:47 by Toshii

my bro's 21 and he still plays pokemon and loves digimon, yugioh and all that jazz~ :P

Post on Tue Jul 13 2010, 18:08 by azuki_dashi16

Lunami wrote:You're welcome Zergio. By the way, loved the YGOTAS reference.

Azuki, you should know better. I'd be an awful lurker if I didn't find this. xP Especially in the Opinions blog area.

I'm assuming you're talking about Season 0 Ama? The series we got was essentially the same. Just when 4kids got ahold of it, they changed essentially everything.

You know, funny thing you should mention that Clair. Originally, I do believe that the Shadow Realm and "being sent to the stars" was essentially the same thing. Either way, it was a way of "sending the character to hell." I know the Shadow Realm was supposed to be something like an alternative to hell, where you spent your days in eternal torment. Fun stuff. In the Japanese version, the Shadow Realm was a place that showed that someone was going to die. A lot of the characters in the series who were sent there (Bonz Cid and Zygor), were banished there forever, but it would still be to the whim of the sender to return them, such as Rex and Weevil were returned in the final arc of Season 5, I believe.

Anyway, since I'm mentioning yugioh, anyone else notice how much cooler the original music was for that before 4kids got a hold of it? There's a guy who doesn't even like Yugioh, claiming that the opening to season 5 is the best shounen opening ever. lol
    Proof that you're a stalker~! XD

Post on Tue Jul 13 2010, 18:39 by Toshii

azuki_dashi16 wrote:
    Lunami wrote:You're welcome Zergio. By the way, loved the YGOTAS reference.

Proof that you're a stalker~! XD

oh my

XD

Post on Tue Jul 13 2010, 20:33 by CLAIRVOYANTdisease

Haha

Post on Thu Jul 15 2010, 17:39 by Lunami

Lurker doesn't mean stalker~
    Lurker means ninja. xP

Post on Thu Jul 15 2010, 17:41 by amaterasu

Lunami wrote:Lurker doesn't mean stalker~
    Lurker means ninja. xP

AMBUSH!!!!