Theory on WOTN villages

    Share
    avatar
    amaterasu
    Citizen

    Male
    Number of posts : 34165
    Age : 31
    Village : Lion
    Happiness bar :
    50 / 10050 / 100

    Registration date : 2007-07-11

    AMP
    Natural: 0
    Power: 0
    Instinct: 0

    Re: Theory on WOTN villages

    Post by amaterasu on Wed Jun 30 2010, 19:57

    Banouin wrote:I'm going to ignore most of that, I don't really see it as a fight.

    One thing that stands out as something I can comment on.


    "make my threads like this for a reason, if you don't like the wording, you can ignore the thread completely or just the wording"

    I could do that Ama, if I were not a Kage that must give input on ideas for the site.

    well seeing as how it wasn't a declaration for a fight. And seeing as how I am not looking for a fight, I don't know how you could see it as me putting up a fight.
    avatar
    quater
    Hezi
    Hezi

    Male
    Number of posts : 118119
    Age : 26
    Fanclubs : Shikamaru! NCS WOTN Veteran Princes! Soul Eaters
    Village : Scorpion
    Happiness bar :
    90 / 10090 / 100

    Registration date : 2007-05-21

    AMP
    Natural: 56
    Power: Flood Attack
    Instinct: 50

    Re: Theory on WOTN villages

    Post by quater on Wed Jun 30 2010, 19:58

    amaterasu wrote:
    quater wrote:Why should we ignore the thread or the wording? Why can't we comment on it? Why can Ama make threads but if we comment on it, we're making trouble?

    It was a suggestions, not an order, there is a difference between te two you know

    Well our suggestion is be nicer when you make threads like these. It's not an order either. You'd think it isn't really that big of a deal, either, to ask someone to be a little nicer.
    avatar
    Banouin
    Ryuujin
    Ryuujin

    Male
    Number of posts : 46551
    Age : 26
    Village : Dragon
    Happiness bar :
    90 / 10090 / 100

    Registration date : 2007-06-12

    AMP
    Natural: 11
    Power: Wind Tornado
    Instinct: 11

    Re: Theory on WOTN villages

    Post by Banouin on Wed Jun 30 2010, 20:01

    amaterasu wrote:
    Banouin wrote:I'm going to ignore most of that, I don't really see it as a fight.

    One thing that stands out as something I can comment on.


    "make my threads like this for a reason, if you don't like the wording, you can ignore the thread completely or just the wording"

    I could do that Ama, if I were not a Kage that must give input on ideas for the site.

    well seeing as how it wasn't a declaration for a fight. And seeing as how I am not looking for a fight, I don't know how you could see it as me putting up a fight.

    Yeah, I meant that as I wanted a real fight with.


    Ugh. Where did I put that thing. *Looks around*

    As Q said, we just wanted to help you and point out that you should try being a bit nicer.
    avatar
    amaterasu
    Citizen

    Male
    Number of posts : 34165
    Age : 31
    Village : Lion
    Happiness bar :
    50 / 10050 / 100

    Registration date : 2007-07-11

    AMP
    Natural: 0
    Power: 0
    Instinct: 0

    Re: Theory on WOTN villages

    Post by amaterasu on Wed Jun 30 2010, 20:02

    quater wrote:"If you have a problem with anything I say or do, why not tell me privately in a pm? I haven't received a pm from anyone concerning about what I did. I had to talk to Q and even then I don't think he was happy during our conversation which lasted like 3 pms.:"

    I wasn't going to get involved, but when I asked you about it on AIM you did this:
    "Oh you heard about that already?"
    "Okay bye."
    And Signed off AIM. It was a real pleasant conversation. *SARCASM IN CASE YOU MISS IT*

    "But you and Q came in here complaining about my wording, how is that setting a good example or proving a point, aren't you just doing that same as me and causing trouble?"

    Yeah, but the difference is we're asking for you to get your crap together. It's a pain to be blatantly insulted by someone.


    Oh, i don't remember that, but it sounds like me.

    Ask, Saba, and Ask Darkflame this, they will stand in my defense for this reasoning.

    I am a hasty person when it comes to conversations, most things I won't say good bye. Especially on phone calls. I have called Saba where things when like this

    Me: Hell is Saba there?
    Saba: Yeah its me, what?
    Me: want to come over?
    Saba: sure
    Me: Okay bye
    *click* total time = about 20 seconds

    I don't suppose you would know that since I don't think I have ever done something like that to you, and if you took it the wrong way, sorry.

    Well, Q, let's go through this logic. I have a concussion, I have brain damage, if I could get my crap together, I would, but you see, I can't because my mentality dropped quite a bit. I've become closer to being mentally retarded thanks to this concussion.

    avatar
    amaterasu
    Citizen

    Male
    Number of posts : 34165
    Age : 31
    Village : Lion
    Happiness bar :
    50 / 10050 / 100

    Registration date : 2007-07-11

    AMP
    Natural: 0
    Power: 0
    Instinct: 0

    Re: Theory on WOTN villages

    Post by amaterasu on Wed Jun 30 2010, 20:03

    quater wrote:
    amaterasu wrote:
    quater wrote:Why should we ignore the thread or the wording? Why can't we comment on it? Why can Ama make threads but if we comment on it, we're making trouble?

    It was a suggestions, not an order, there is a difference between te two you know

    Well our suggestion is be nicer when you make threads like these. It's not an order either. You'd think it isn't really that big of a deal, either, to ask someone to be a little nicer.

    Well what do you mean be nicer?

    avatar
    quater
    Hezi
    Hezi

    Male
    Number of posts : 118119
    Age : 26
    Fanclubs : Shikamaru! NCS WOTN Veteran Princes! Soul Eaters
    Village : Scorpion
    Happiness bar :
    90 / 10090 / 100

    Registration date : 2007-05-21

    AMP
    Natural: 56
    Power: Flood Attack
    Instinct: 50

    Re: Theory on WOTN villages

    Post by quater on Wed Jun 30 2010, 20:04

    "Well, Q, let's go through this logic. I have a concussion, I have brain damage, if I could get my crap together, I would, but you see, I can't because my mentality dropped quite a bit. I've become closer to being mentally retarded thanks to this concussion."

    I would agree with you, Ama, but you've been acting this way for years. This isn't something that started after your concussion, this has been the Ama you've been for years. And honestly, do you really think you can't change?

    You can always change yourself, Amaterasu.

    avatar
    amaterasu
    Citizen

    Male
    Number of posts : 34165
    Age : 31
    Village : Lion
    Happiness bar :
    50 / 10050 / 100

    Registration date : 2007-07-11

    AMP
    Natural: 0
    Power: 0
    Instinct: 0

    Re: Theory on WOTN villages

    Post by amaterasu on Wed Jun 30 2010, 20:05

    Banouin wrote:
    amaterasu wrote:
    Banouin wrote:I'm going to ignore most of that, I don't really see it as a fight.

    One thing that stands out as something I can comment on.


    "make my threads like this for a reason, if you don't like the wording, you can ignore the thread completely or just the wording"

    I could do that Ama, if I were not a Kage that must give input on ideas for the site.

    well seeing as how it wasn't a declaration for a fight. And seeing as how I am not looking for a fight, I don't know how you could see it as me putting up a fight.

    Yeah, I meant that as I wanted a real fight with.


    Ugh. Where did I put that thing. *Looks around*

    As Q said, we just wanted to help you and point out that you should try being a bit nicer.

    If the first line is sarcasm, I will not know how to respond to it (not that I would know anyways)

    Believe when I say this Banouin. I have been trying to be nice, and not to be attacking anyone, and if I try harder I might explode
    avatar
    quater
    Hezi
    Hezi

    Male
    Number of posts : 118119
    Age : 26
    Fanclubs : Shikamaru! NCS WOTN Veteran Princes! Soul Eaters
    Village : Scorpion
    Happiness bar :
    90 / 10090 / 100

    Registration date : 2007-05-21

    AMP
    Natural: 56
    Power: Flood Attack
    Instinct: 50

    Re: Theory on WOTN villages

    Post by quater on Wed Jun 30 2010, 20:06

    amaterasu wrote:
    quater wrote:
    amaterasu wrote:
    quater wrote:Why should we ignore the thread or the wording? Why can't we comment on it? Why can Ama make threads but if we comment on it, we're making trouble?

    It was a suggestions, not an order, there is a difference between te two you know

    Well our suggestion is be nicer when you make threads like these. It's not an order either. You'd think it isn't really that big of a deal, either, to ask someone to be a little nicer.

    Well what do you mean be nicer?


    I'll leave you to figure that out. Just try thinking of how something might come across before you say it. And if you are incapable of that, then run stuff by people before you say it, so they can let you know if you're being a jerk or not.
    avatar
    Banouin
    Ryuujin
    Ryuujin

    Male
    Number of posts : 46551
    Age : 26
    Village : Dragon
    Happiness bar :
    90 / 10090 / 100

    Registration date : 2007-06-12

    AMP
    Natural: 11
    Power: Wind Tornado
    Instinct: 11

    Re: Theory on WOTN villages

    Post by Banouin on Wed Jun 30 2010, 20:09

    amaterasu wrote:
    quater wrote:
    amaterasu wrote:
    quater wrote:Why should we ignore the thread or the wording? Why can't we comment on it? Why can Ama make threads but if we comment on it, we're making trouble?

    It was a suggestions, not an order, there is a difference between te two you know

    Well our suggestion is be nicer when you make threads like these. It's not an order either. You'd think it isn't really that big of a deal, either, to ask someone to be a little nicer.

    Well what do you mean be nicer?


    I have said it before. Don't word the way you word your stuff.

    Stop trying to be different. We all see you, and you seem like you're trying so hard to be that kid that does not follow what others do or say. It's like

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oWh45qp3qxc

    You're the Dr cox here Ama.

    I find it hard to understand that you can't get what you said in your post that came off jerk-ish.
    avatar
    amaterasu
    Citizen

    Male
    Number of posts : 34165
    Age : 31
    Village : Lion
    Happiness bar :
    50 / 10050 / 100

    Registration date : 2007-07-11

    AMP
    Natural: 0
    Power: 0
    Instinct: 0

    Re: Theory on WOTN villages

    Post by amaterasu on Wed Jun 30 2010, 20:14

    quater wrote:"Well, Q, let's go through this logic. I have a concussion, I have brain damage, if I could get my crap together, I would, but you see, I can't because my mentality dropped quite a bit. I've become closer to being mentally retarded thanks to this concussion."

    I would agree with you, Ama, but you've been acting this way for years. This isn't something that started after your concussion, this has been the Ama you've been for years. And honestly, do you really think you can't change?

    You can always change yourself, Amaterasu.


    oh, wow, for a second I thought you quote me, but then I realized, facebook still quoting! (sorry for the tangent)


    Well seeing as I can't remember most my personality for the past couple years I'll just agree with you and say I've pretty much been me for my entire life, and you have pretty much been you for your entire life. It probably hasn't been only the past couple years.

    But of course I can change myself, I used to be real bitter and angry a lot (used to fight with my sister quite a bit as well) but you see, I am not an angry person, I don't like taking revenge, or attacking people.

    If I have been wronged I will (except for the rare occasional outburst of uncontrollable rage and whatnot) not make a big deal of it. I have come to realize that really it doesn't matter if people insult me or if they think bad of me or do anything to me that would warrant a retaliation (trust me I've played on many hockey teams where people have not really liked me at all, and have don't pretty mean stuff such as jumping me while in an out of town tournament, tying me to a bed and trying to get me raped, and stuff like that). I've (am assuming here) probably taken a larger amount of abuse from people than you have Q in my lifetime, and only twice can I think of exploding (both in elementary school).

    So I agree with you I can change myself and I have changed myself. I have become a man who clings to morals and to what is right (usually, I'm not perfect at all, as you know)
    avatar
    quater
    Hezi
    Hezi

    Male
    Number of posts : 118119
    Age : 26
    Fanclubs : Shikamaru! NCS WOTN Veteran Princes! Soul Eaters
    Village : Scorpion
    Happiness bar :
    90 / 10090 / 100

    Registration date : 2007-05-21

    AMP
    Natural: 56
    Power: Flood Attack
    Instinct: 50

    Re: Theory on WOTN villages

    Post by quater on Wed Jun 30 2010, 20:16

    Great. Now make yourself nicer and more pleasant to be around while you're at it. Instead of someone who comes across as a jerk. As you just pointed out, you can do it.
    avatar
    amaterasu
    Citizen

    Male
    Number of posts : 34165
    Age : 31
    Village : Lion
    Happiness bar :
    50 / 10050 / 100

    Registration date : 2007-07-11

    AMP
    Natural: 0
    Power: 0
    Instinct: 0

    Re: Theory on WOTN villages

    Post by amaterasu on Wed Jun 30 2010, 20:17

    Banouin wrote:
    amaterasu wrote:
    quater wrote:
    amaterasu wrote:
    quater wrote:Why should we ignore the thread or the wording? Why can't we comment on it? Why can Ama make threads but if we comment on it, we're making trouble?

    It was a suggestions, not an order, there is a difference between te two you know

    Well our suggestion is be nicer when you make threads like these. It's not an order either. You'd think it isn't really that big of a deal, either, to ask someone to be a little nicer.

    Well what do you mean be nicer?


    I have said it before. Don't word the way you word your stuff.

    Stop trying to be different. We all see you, and you seem like you're trying so hard to be that kid that does not follow what others do or say. It's like

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oWh45qp3qxc

    You're the Dr cox here Ama.

    I find it hard to understand that you can't get what you said in your post that came off jerk-ish.

    You see Q, I am NOT trying to be different. I AM different than you and most people on this board. Although it may seem like I am trying hard. I can tell you that I am not trying hard. I might say I am trying as hard as a cat tries to relax, but i don't think you would get that, because I think its not the best grammar.
    avatar
    amaterasu
    Citizen

    Male
    Number of posts : 34165
    Age : 31
    Village : Lion
    Happiness bar :
    50 / 10050 / 100

    Registration date : 2007-07-11

    AMP
    Natural: 0
    Power: 0
    Instinct: 0

    Re: Theory on WOTN villages

    Post by amaterasu on Wed Jun 30 2010, 20:17

    quater wrote:
    amaterasu wrote:
    quater wrote:
    amaterasu wrote:
    quater wrote:Why should we ignore the thread or the wording? Why can't we comment on it? Why can Ama make threads but if we comment on it, we're making trouble?

    It was a suggestions, not an order, there is a difference between te two you know

    Well our suggestion is be nicer when you make threads like these. It's not an order either. You'd think it isn't really that big of a deal, either, to ask someone to be a little nicer.

    Well what do you mean be nicer?


    I'll leave you to figure that out. Just try thinking of how something might come across before you say it. And if you are incapable of that, then run stuff by people before you say it, so they can let you know if you're being a jerk or not.

    What if, there is no one around to run it by?
    avatar
    amaterasu
    Citizen

    Male
    Number of posts : 34165
    Age : 31
    Village : Lion
    Happiness bar :
    50 / 10050 / 100

    Registration date : 2007-07-11

    AMP
    Natural: 0
    Power: 0
    Instinct: 0

    Re: Theory on WOTN villages

    Post by amaterasu on Wed Jun 30 2010, 20:20

    quater wrote:Great. Now make yourself nicer and more pleasant to be around while you're at it. Instead of someone who comes across as a jerk. As you just pointed out, you can do it.

    Does an author have control over the interpretation of his or her own work?

    A person can only do so much before others decide things for themselves.

    I can't do all the work to become a nice person, because people will see me as they will. So, don't dump everything on me and leave it at that. Please.
    avatar
    Banouin
    Ryuujin
    Ryuujin

    Male
    Number of posts : 46551
    Age : 26
    Village : Dragon
    Happiness bar :
    90 / 10090 / 100

    Registration date : 2007-06-12

    AMP
    Natural: 11
    Power: Wind Tornado
    Instinct: 11

    Re: Theory on WOTN villages

    Post by Banouin on Wed Jun 30 2010, 20:20

    amaterasu wrote:
    Banouin wrote:
    amaterasu wrote:
    quater wrote:
    amaterasu wrote:
    quater wrote:Why should we ignore the thread or the wording? Why can't we comment on it? Why can Ama make threads but if we comment on it, we're making trouble?

    It was a suggestions, not an order, there is a difference between te two you know

    Well our suggestion is be nicer when you make threads like these. It's not an order either. You'd think it isn't really that big of a deal, either, to ask someone to be a little nicer.

    Well what do you mean be nicer?


    I have said it before. Don't word the way you word your stuff.

    Stop trying to be different. We all see you, and you seem like you're trying so hard to be that kid that does not follow what others do or say. It's like

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oWh45qp3qxc

    You're the Dr cox here Ama.

    I find it hard to understand that you can't get what you said in your post that came off jerk-ish.

    You see Q, I am NOT trying to be different. I AM different than you and most people on this board. Although it may seem like I am trying hard. I can tell you that I am not trying hard. I might say I am trying as hard as a cat tries to relax, but i don't think you would get that, because I think its not the best grammar.

    Bano ^_^

    Well. I'm not going to really stay and keep this up. My point has been made, word your things a bit better, try or not! Thats on you.
    avatar
    quater
    Hezi
    Hezi

    Male
    Number of posts : 118119
    Age : 26
    Fanclubs : Shikamaru! NCS WOTN Veteran Princes! Soul Eaters
    Village : Scorpion
    Happiness bar :
    90 / 10090 / 100

    Registration date : 2007-05-21

    AMP
    Natural: 56
    Power: Flood Attack
    Instinct: 50

    Re: Theory on WOTN villages

    Post by quater on Wed Jun 30 2010, 20:21

    amaterasu wrote:
    quater wrote:Great. Now make yourself nicer and more pleasant to be around while you're at it. Instead of someone who comes across as a jerk. As you just pointed out, you can do it.

    Does an author have control over the interpretation of his or her own work?

    A person can only do so much before others decide things for themselves.

    I can't do all the work to become a nice person, because people will see me as they will. So, don't dump everything on me and leave it at that. Please.

    Actually, yes, you can. Most people try to be pleasant and succeed. And it is you. It's not OUR responsibility to see you as nice. It is 100% your responsibility to try and be nice. Quit trying to put the work on someone else. It's. 100%. You.
    avatar
    amaterasu
    Citizen

    Male
    Number of posts : 34165
    Age : 31
    Village : Lion
    Happiness bar :
    50 / 10050 / 100

    Registration date : 2007-07-11

    AMP
    Natural: 0
    Power: 0
    Instinct: 0

    Re: Theory on WOTN villages

    Post by amaterasu on Wed Jun 30 2010, 20:22

    Banouin wrote:
    amaterasu wrote:
    Banouin wrote:
    amaterasu wrote:
    quater wrote:
    amaterasu wrote:
    quater wrote:Why should we ignore the thread or the wording? Why can't we comment on it? Why can Ama make threads but if we comment on it, we're making trouble?

    It was a suggestions, not an order, there is a difference between te two you know

    Well our suggestion is be nicer when you make threads like these. It's not an order either. You'd think it isn't really that big of a deal, either, to ask someone to be a little nicer.

    Well what do you mean be nicer?


    I have said it before. Don't word the way you word your stuff.

    Stop trying to be different. We all see you, and you seem like you're trying so hard to be that kid that does not follow what others do or say. It's like

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oWh45qp3qxc

    You're the Dr cox here Ama.

    I find it hard to understand that you can't get what you said in your post that came off jerk-ish.

    You see Q, I am NOT trying to be different. I AM different than you and most people on this board. Although it may seem like I am trying hard. I can tell you that I am not trying hard. I might say I am trying as hard as a cat tries to relax, but i don't think you would get that, because I think its not the best grammar.

    Bano ^_^

    Well. I'm not going to really stay and keep this up. My point has been made, word your things a bit better, try or not! Thats on you.

    You know I thought you were Q talking to banouin and so I wasn't going to reply, but I was mistaken, and it really threw me for a loop.
    avatar
    amaterasu
    Citizen

    Male
    Number of posts : 34165
    Age : 31
    Village : Lion
    Happiness bar :
    50 / 10050 / 100

    Registration date : 2007-07-11

    AMP
    Natural: 0
    Power: 0
    Instinct: 0

    Re: Theory on WOTN villages

    Post by amaterasu on Wed Jun 30 2010, 20:34

    quater wrote:
    amaterasu wrote:
    quater wrote:Great. Now make yourself nicer and more pleasant to be around while you're at it. Instead of someone who comes across as a jerk. As you just pointed out, you can do it.

    Does an author have control over the interpretation of his or her own work?

    A person can only do so much before others decide things for themselves.

    I can't do all the work to become a nice person, because people will see me as they will. So, don't dump everything on me and leave it at that. Please.

    Actually, yes, you can. Most people try to be pleasant and succeed. And it is you. It's not OUR responsibility to see you as nice. It is 100% your responsibility to try and be nice. Quit trying to put the work on someone else. It's. 100%. You.

    Say I buy my best friend (who is over weighish) some fast food. I am being really nice, but someone walks by and says I'm feeding my friend food that will make him more fat. How would I be able to control how I am looked?
    I don't think I am able.

    I can be as nice as I want Q, but if you view me as a Jerk, nothing will change. I can do anything and everything, but because of a prejudice you have, I won't change in your sight. Its a human condition we all have.

    Although I have a big responsibility for myself, I have a responsibility on how I view others and how I treat them. If I view a person as a jerk, it won't change until I change my perspective of them, and also if they work at it as well.

    Maybe there is this word called forgiveness. When you forgive someone you look at the differently than before, you no longer keep any old memories of bitterness that you bring out in a conversation (it can all relate back to 1 Corinthians 13:5
    Love does not demand its own way. Love is not irritable, and it keeps no record of when it has been wronged.


    I can say with full confidence that I have NOT been acting this way towards you for a long time. And although I view you as a superior, there are many times when I disagree with you completely but don't raise my voice because I don't want to get into a discussion with you, because you hardly ever give up (you're pretty stubborn).

    Well you keep saying for me to keep trying to change myself. Go look yourself over, and see if you can truly say you don't feel any different towards me. I have complete confidence that we view each other in almost the exact same way, but we deal with each other in different ways.

    So, I will step back and try to understand what you and Banouin have been trying to tell me. And you and Banouin will stop persisting, and this whole thing will come to a stop, since I will assume you do not want this to go on, just as I do not really want this to go on. Although I am improving at typing on my keyboard without looking at it.

    avatar
    quater
    Hezi
    Hezi

    Male
    Number of posts : 118119
    Age : 26
    Fanclubs : Shikamaru! NCS WOTN Veteran Princes! Soul Eaters
    Village : Scorpion
    Happiness bar :
    90 / 10090 / 100

    Registration date : 2007-05-21

    AMP
    Natural: 56
    Power: Flood Attack
    Instinct: 50

    Re: Theory on WOTN villages

    Post by quater on Wed Jun 30 2010, 20:40

    See, here's the problem, Ama.

    You're trying to make this about Bano and myself, but dude.

    This is really just about you. You can keep thinking up excuses for why other's may not see you as nice, but when it happens constantly, you have to eventually own up to your own actions, thoughts, feelings, prejudices.

    This is not about Bano and I, Ama. It's about you. Bano and I are asking you to be nicer to the people on this site, something I think is hardly a very unreasonable request. You can fight it all day long, but we're not asking too much of you.

    And I can forgive, but I don't forget. If someone is constantly making the same mistakes, do I have any duty but to tell them to stop already? Especially when it effects others? I do not see how I do. I have to at least try.
    avatar
    amaterasu
    Citizen

    Male
    Number of posts : 34165
    Age : 31
    Village : Lion
    Happiness bar :
    50 / 10050 / 100

    Registration date : 2007-07-11

    AMP
    Natural: 0
    Power: 0
    Instinct: 0

    Re: Theory on WOTN villages

    Post by amaterasu on Wed Jun 30 2010, 21:26

    quater wrote:See, here's the problem, Ama.

    You're trying to make this about Bano and myself, but dude.

    This is really just about you. You can keep thinking up excuses for why other's may not see you as nice, but when it happens constantly, you have to eventually own up to your own actions, thoughts, feelings, prejudices.

    This is not about Bano and I, Ama. It's about you. Bano and I are asking you to be nicer to the people on this site, something I think is hardly a very unreasonable request. You can fight it all day long, but we're not asking too much of you.

    And I can forgive, but I don't forget. If someone is constantly making the same mistakes, do I have any duty but to tell them to stop already? Especially when it effects others? I do not see how I do. I have to at least try.

    If you think that you and Banouin have n part in this, than you should be taking the side of never having a relationship with me (not in a romantic way I mean in a person to person way). because relationships work both ways. If you want someone to improve in a certain area. You have to improve in that same area as well. to take the thought that your good enough in that area, or that you don't need to improve is arrogant and hypocritical. So either cut ties with me all together, or learn to be nicer as I try to learn to be nicer, even though I don't see how to do it. I'm not trying to be bossy, it's just that, this is how life and relationships work


    Have you ever read Matthew 18:21-22?

    It reads:
    21Then Peter came to Jesus and asked, "Lord, how many times shall I forgive my brother when he sins against me? Up to seven times?"

    22Jesus answered, "I tell you, not seven times, but seventy-seven times.[a]


    I'm not sure you know this, I don't know if you study the scriptures (although i would hope so)
    Jesus tells Peter that you DON'T hold grudges or hold memories of past mistakes of a person, even if they do something against you many times over and over. You can't look out for me in a sense that you can't save me. You have no duty to save me. That is only able to be done my God. So when you say

    //And I can forgive, but I don't forget. If someone is constantly making the same mistakes, do I have any duty but to tell them to stop already? //

    You actually have no duty to do that. You are to forgive and hold nothing against that person, that is your duty.

    Remember 1 Corinthians 13:5
    5It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs.

    Love keeps no records of wrongful deeds committed against it

    Isaiah 64:9
    Dont be so angry with us, Lord. Please dont remember our sins forever.Look at us, we pray,and see that we are all your people.

    If God remember our wrongful deeds, we would all be doomed, none of us would have hope.
    remember the story of the King and his servant the one who's great dept is repaid, then extorts another servant who owes him little. He is thrown into jail because he did not show kindness to one after kindness was shown to him.

    What am I saying?

    I am saying, you can't keep past memories and you can't make it your duty to remind people to correct themselves. Its like shielding a flower from the sun You can't shade me from the light, just like you can't keep a flower in the closet and expect it to grow.
    You can forgive and you will be blameless, the rest of the duty falls on the other person.

    Hopefully you will understand what I am saying
    avatar
    quater
    Hezi
    Hezi

    Male
    Number of posts : 118119
    Age : 26
    Fanclubs : Shikamaru! NCS WOTN Veteran Princes! Soul Eaters
    Village : Scorpion
    Happiness bar :
    90 / 10090 / 100

    Registration date : 2007-05-21

    AMP
    Natural: 56
    Power: Flood Attack
    Instinct: 50

    Re: Theory on WOTN villages

    Post by quater on Wed Jun 30 2010, 21:45

    "You can forgive and you will be blameless, the rest of the duty falls on the other person."


    Good, so we agree, that you need to work on being nicer. Now git to it.

    You can quote the Bible all day, but it means a lot more when you live by it.

    avatar
    amaterasu
    Citizen

    Male
    Number of posts : 34165
    Age : 31
    Village : Lion
    Happiness bar :
    50 / 10050 / 100

    Registration date : 2007-07-11

    AMP
    Natural: 0
    Power: 0
    Instinct: 0

    Re: Theory on WOTN villages

    Post by amaterasu on Wed Jun 30 2010, 21:48

    quater wrote:"You can forgive and you will be blameless, the rest of the duty falls on the other person."


    Good, so we agree, that you need to work on being nicer. Now get to it.

    You can quote the Bible all day, but it means a lot more when you live by it.


    I know, which is (talking about second line here) what I'm trying to do.

    avatar
    sabaku no ketsueki
    Sanda
    Sanda

    Female
    Number of posts : 22230
    Age : 24
    What's up Tab : Life is tough, but it's even tougher when you're stupid.
    Fanclubs : Kabuto FC, Death Note FC
    Village : Mockingbird
    Happiness bar :
    61 / 10061 / 100

    Registration date : 2007-09-19

    AMP
    Natural: 0
    Power: 0
    Instinct: 0

    Re: Theory on WOTN villages

    Post by sabaku no ketsueki on Wed Jun 30 2010, 21:49

    Can I rename this thread "Theory of why AIM is evil" ?
    avatar
    quater
    Hezi
    Hezi

    Male
    Number of posts : 118119
    Age : 26
    Fanclubs : Shikamaru! NCS WOTN Veteran Princes! Soul Eaters
    Village : Scorpion
    Happiness bar :
    90 / 10090 / 100

    Registration date : 2007-05-21

    AMP
    Natural: 56
    Power: Flood Attack
    Instinct: 50

    Re: Theory on WOTN villages

    Post by quater on Wed Jun 30 2010, 21:52

    sabaku no ketsueki wrote:Can I rename this thread "Theory of why AIM is evil" ?

    I like AIM. Use it a lot...
    avatar
    amaterasu
    Citizen

    Male
    Number of posts : 34165
    Age : 31
    Village : Lion
    Happiness bar :
    50 / 10050 / 100

    Registration date : 2007-07-11

    AMP
    Natural: 0
    Power: 0
    Instinct: 0

    Re: Theory on WOTN villages

    Post by amaterasu on Wed Jun 30 2010, 21:53

    quater wrote:
    sabaku no ketsueki wrote:Can I rename this thread "Theory of why AIM is evil" ?

    I like AIM. Use it a lot...
    It deleted all my 7 contacts one day then added them back the next, so i am unsure about it now

    Sponsored content

    Re: Theory on WOTN villages

    Post by Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Sun Jun 25 2017, 23:35