100 / 100100 / 100

Registration date : 2007-09-26

AMP
    Natural: 121
    Power: 121
    Instinct: 121

Turned back

Post by GL

today in school we talked about laws and immigrants, and my teacher told us a story about some immigrant girl. my teacher had read it in the newspaper about a few weeks ago.

so, the story was about a girl that used to live somewhere in asia. when she still lived there, she was raped and used by her father from age 4 to 12. when she turned 12, her father threw her out of the house becasue he thought that she was too old to be used. at then she had to live in the streets and she became a prostitute to get money. she got pregnant a few times and tried to do abortion by herself, but one time she wasnt abel to do that. she ended up having a kid without a real father.
    one day a man, who was a client of her, offered her to live in sweden. she said yes and he bought a planeticket for her and she flied to sweden. when she got to sweden she didnt have a place to live, and also she had that baby with her.

in the news, they had written that she stole food from a grocery store. becasue of that crime, she have to leave sweden and never come back. in some way, the people that decided that she had to leave, they found her father and told him to let her live with him again.
    so, it means that she has to go back to her father, that rapes small kids and right now she has a baby.
    she tried to kill herself and the baby because she didnt want to go back.

all that makes me think that my country it horrible. she had such a bad life before. and stealing food isnt such a bad crime. she should get a chance to get a life here in sweden and a future for herself and that baby.

what do you all think?
    Share this post on: Excite BookmarksDiggRedditDel.icio.usGoogleLiveSlashdotNetscapeTechnoratiStumbleUponNewsvineFurlYahooSmarking

Post on Thu May 20 2010, 17:26 by Banouin

D: Poor her

Post on Thu May 20 2010, 17:28 by Toshii

that's terrible. they could at least hear her out first.

Post on Thu May 20 2010, 17:33 by GL

thats what i thought too. i mean, her father isnt a good person and she way she feels about going back must make them understand that she cant be sended back. if she has to be punished for her crime, she can be put in some kind of prison-ish place for a little while. i think thats the most they should do.

Post on Fri May 21 2010, 02:01 by quater

An interesting clash of western values smashing against other culture's values.

See in Western society we view it as a parent's obligation to raise their children. And we'd thus make the child's parents have to raise them. Thus, the crime committed warrants, under due law, her being sent back home.

Of course, obviously home is a very hostile and corrupt environment for the kid.

A good question: Why did she steal the food? Had the swedish 'gentleman' stopped paying for her food? Aren't there shelters in Sweden that take people in? Couldn't she find one? Or possibly a church?

Then again that could again be a cultural clash.

Although I do agree that what happened to her is very misfortunate, I do not see that Sweden is in the wrong. What obligation does Sweden have to some girl who got a plane ticket to the country? From what we have on this story, she doesn't have any immigration papers or do anything to become a citizen.

So, Sweden has a thief, who got into the country.

And remember, law isn't about special exceptions so much as the norm. Would you want the norm in Sweden to be: It's okay to walk into our country and break our laws? Trust me, that is the American Norm, and it sucks.

You'd have murder and thievery and lawlessness. And that's exactly what we have here in North America.

Could Sweden of worked to make an exception for this girl? Probably. And it probably should have. But Sweden doesn't have an obligation to, and it didn't. Very misfortunate, and maybe a Charity/Church can help her out. And sadly, outside of the West this is a very common life story. =/

We can just count ourselves blessed and work to help people like her. Last part to add: Don't base your judgment on one incident of your country. "all that makes me think that my country it horrible."

Sorry, but that's not a good idea. Your country handled one unpleasant situation in a way that wasn't very fortunate for the person. That doesn't paint the country's colors. It doesn't paint the Citizen's colors, either. It's just one incident. Every single country on Earth has it's good and bad and mix and matched incidents.

And trust me, your country has it a looooot better and is a looooot better than most of the world's countries. In many parts of the world this girl would of been executed or tossed in jail without even so much as a thought. Not to mention that historically 200 years ago she'd of lost a hand in most of the world, too.

So yeah. That's what I think. I feel sympathy for the girl.

Post on Fri May 21 2010, 08:12 by GL

the person who sended her to sweden just gave her a ticket and nothing more. she was left here to survive on her own. and there are shelters that people can stay in, but as i understood it when me teacher told us abut this, she couldnt speach english or swedish. so there was no way that she could as anybody for help.

about the norm thing.. i like it how it is here, but ... it could be harder for immigrants go get into sweden. as i see it.. the immigrants doesnt appreciate sweden for being nice and letting them stay here. you see, there are more immigrant people in the jail in sweden and most immigrant people i know act like shit towards other people.

hm... you can be right about that Q. about me judging my country for this incident. ^^

Post on Fri May 21 2010, 08:18 by Mikel

sad.

Post on Fri May 21 2010, 13:55 by quater

GL wrote:the person who sended her to sweden just gave her a ticket and nothing more. she was left here to survive on her own. and there are shelters that people can stay in, but as i understood it when me teacher told us abut this, she couldnt speach english or swedish. so there was no way that she could as anybody for help.

about the norm thing.. i like it how it is here, but ... it could be harder for immigrants go get into sweden. as i see it.. the immigrants doesnt appreciate sweden for being nice and letting them stay here. you see, there are more immigrant people in the jail in sweden and most immigrant people i know act like shit towards other people.

hm... you can be right about that Q. about me judging my country for this incident. ^^

I agree, and to be honest, she was in a really bad situation. I think the person who gave her the ticket to Sweden is the one at fault, not Sweden. He sent her to a foreign country and didn't give her any means of help at all. No money, no education, nothing. That guy is a class A jerk.

Exactly, Miss GL. Immigrants, when they have the right to just walk into a country that doesn't enforce it's borders, are pains in the butt. We have the same problem in the United States. They come in, break our laws, and then send their money back to their home country. It's a mess. This person, has a very mis-fortunate case. And if we could trust immigrants to be good to society then we wouldn't have a problem. But we can't, because they aren't. So instead we have to enforce stricter laws, and people with serious issues, like this lady, end up suffering because of it.

Of course, I am a big fan of immigrants and immigration. As long as they come to accept the customs and values of the country they have chosen to immigrate to. But most of the time, they don't. (At least illegals)

^_^ No problem, Gl~ I was sad that you were judging your entire country based on this one perplexing incident.

Post on Sat May 22 2010, 05:02 by GL

yeah. i guess he just gave it to her because he wanted to be "nice" or something. i dunno. ^^;;

the crime that she made isnt as bad as other crimes that other immigrants have done. like, someone should decide what kinds of crimes that are bad enough to make you go back to your country. and if i would be the one who decides it, i would say that if you kill or hurt someone bad, you should be sent back. if you steal, you get to do some kind of punishment.. like picking up trash for a few months or you can sit in jail in a few weeks. ^^
    i would also like to make sure that this lady gets help in some way. there must be someone in sweden that knows how to talk her language and by that, we can help her. she should get one more chance. it would be right that way. *smiles*

*smiles* thanks Q ^^ you made me think in another way. (:

Post on Sun May 23 2010, 03:17 by KarateKeyaQ

That's crazy. I would say report the guy but I'm sure that won't bring results.

Very sad story, *sigh*

Post on Sun May 23 2010, 03:29 by GL

mhm, im sure that it wouldnt happen enything if someone did that. :(

yeah..

Post on Sun May 23 2010, 12:24 by quater

GL wrote:yeah. i guess he just gave it to her because he wanted to be "nice" or something. i dunno. ^^;;

the crime that she made isnt as bad as other crimes that other immigrants have done. like, someone should decide what kinds of crimes that are bad enough to make you go back to your country. and if i would be the one who decides it, i would say that if you kill or hurt someone bad, you should be sent back. if you steal, you get to do some kind of punishment.. like picking up trash for a few months or you can sit in jail in a few weeks. ^^
    i would also like to make sure that this lady gets help in some way. there must be someone in sweden that knows how to talk her language and by that, we can help her. she should get one more chance. it would be right that way. *smiles*

*smiles* thanks Q ^^ you made me think in another way. (:

No problem. ^_^

Post  by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Oct 24 2017, 02:07