Sneak Peak: Ashes to Ashes (a novella)

    Share
    avatar
    amaterasu
    Citizen

    Male
    Number of posts : 34165
    Age : 32
    Village : Lion
    Happiness bar :
    50 / 10050 / 100

    Registration date : 2007-07-11

    AMP
    Natural: 0
    Power: 0
    Instinct: 0

    Re: Sneak Peak: Ashes to Ashes (a novella)

    Post by amaterasu on Sun Jul 06 2008, 21:11

    Aichu wrote:I can understand where you're coming from, but I still say that humans are not born sinless. While a human may not be evil or good, the flesh is evil, and while we are still unsaved, we are under the control of the flesh.

    And, um wow. We really spammed this thread up XD I don't mind myself- I'm glad you guys are getting me thinking. It helps me really dig at the story's theme and figure out what I'm trying to say.

    but flesh is just flesh


    its what protects our bodies


    from things
    i don't understnad how having flesh makes us evil at birth
    avatar
    Aichu
    Citizen

    Female
    Number of posts : 3180
    Age : 25
    What's up Tab : The sky, apparently.
    Village : Mockingbird
    Happiness bar :
    99 / 10099 / 100

    Registration date : 2008-03-15

    AMP
    Natural: 3
    Power: 3
    Instinct: 3

    Re: Sneak Peak: Ashes to Ashes (a novella)

    Post by Aichu on Sun Jul 06 2008, 21:13

    amaterasu wrote:
    Aichu wrote:I can understand where you're coming from, but I still say that humans are not born sinless. While a human may not be evil or good, the flesh is evil, and while we are still unsaved, we are under the control of the flesh.

    And, um wow. We really spammed this thread up XD I don't mind myself- I'm glad you guys are getting me thinking. It helps me really dig at the story's theme and figure out what I'm trying to say.

    but flesh is just flesh


    its what protects our bodies


    from things
    i don't understnad how having flesh makes us evil at birth

    The flesh is the things we instictually want. Sex. Acceptance among our peers. Pleasure. Entertainment. The flesh is the worldly part of us.
    avatar
    quater
    Hezi
    Hezi

    Male
    Number of posts : 118119
    Age : 26
    Fanclubs : Shikamaru! NCS WOTN Veteran Princes! Soul Eaters
    Village : Scorpion
    Happiness bar :
    90 / 10090 / 100

    Registration date : 2007-05-21

    AMP
    Natural: 56
    Power: Flood Attack
    Instinct: 50

    Re: Sneak Peak: Ashes to Ashes (a novella)

    Post by quater on Sun Jul 06 2008, 21:14

    amaterasu wrote:
    quater wrote:If people were sinless Jesus wouldn't have had to been born of a Virgin.

    did I say that?????????????
    WTF?!?!

    No.

    But that's the reason he had to be born of a Virgin.

    Because we are all born sinners.
    avatar
    Kagamiko
    Citizen

    Female
    Number of posts : 6578
    Age : 26
    What's up Tab : YOU HAVE EARNED A TROPHY!

    "HOLY SHIZNAT You're Still Alive!"
    Size: Bronze
    -Don't post in storm for like, 8 months, then come back and start posting somewhat regularly with no warning!
    Village : Mockingbird
    Happiness bar :
    65 / 10065 / 100

    Registration date : 2007-10-20

    AMP
    Natural: 15
    Power: 15
    Instinct: 15

    Re: Sneak Peak: Ashes to Ashes (a novella)

    Post by Kagamiko on Sun Jul 06 2008, 22:04

    Aichu! That was awesome! I demand another sneak-peak! Momentum! :D
    avatar
    Aichu
    Citizen

    Female
    Number of posts : 3180
    Age : 25
    What's up Tab : The sky, apparently.
    Village : Mockingbird
    Happiness bar :
    99 / 10099 / 100

    Registration date : 2008-03-15

    AMP
    Natural: 3
    Power: 3
    Instinct: 3

    Re: Sneak Peak: Ashes to Ashes (a novella)

    Post by Aichu on Sun Jul 06 2008, 22:09

    Ah yes, but if I posted any more parts of the story, it might give some of the plot away not to mention the fact that there is one scene I've already written that I think may be to explict that I'm thinking about rewriting. *cough*

    You'll just have to wait until August for the finished product. Or maybe I'll devide it into two parts and get the first part up by the end of June...
    avatar
    amaterasu
    Citizen

    Male
    Number of posts : 34165
    Age : 32
    Village : Lion
    Happiness bar :
    50 / 10050 / 100

    Registration date : 2007-07-11

    AMP
    Natural: 0
    Power: 0
    Instinct: 0

    Re: Sneak Peak: Ashes to Ashes (a novella)

    Post by amaterasu on Wed Jul 09 2008, 18:18

    quater wrote:
    amaterasu wrote:
    quater wrote:If people were sinless Jesus wouldn't have had to been born of a Virgin.

    did I say that?????????????
    WTF?!?!

    No.

    But that's the reason he had to be born of a Virgin.

    Because we are all born sinners.

    but how could we be born sinners if, when we are born, we haven't done anything except being born
    unless being born in a sin, which its not
    avatar
    amaterasu
    Citizen

    Male
    Number of posts : 34165
    Age : 32
    Village : Lion
    Happiness bar :
    50 / 10050 / 100

    Registration date : 2007-07-11

    AMP
    Natural: 0
    Power: 0
    Instinct: 0

    Re: Sneak Peak: Ashes to Ashes (a novella)

    Post by amaterasu on Wed Jul 09 2008, 18:19

    Aichu wrote:Ah yes, but if I posted any more parts of the story, it might give some of the plot away not to mention the fact that there is one scene I've already written that I think may be to explict that I'm thinking about rewriting. *cough*

    You'll just have to wait until August for the finished product. Or maybe I'll devide it into two parts and get the first part up by the end of June...

    I know, i'll read it when your finish
    avatar
    Aichu
    Citizen

    Female
    Number of posts : 3180
    Age : 25
    What's up Tab : The sky, apparently.
    Village : Mockingbird
    Happiness bar :
    99 / 10099 / 100

    Registration date : 2008-03-15

    AMP
    Natural: 3
    Power: 3
    Instinct: 3

    Re: Sneak Peak: Ashes to Ashes (a novella)

    Post by Aichu on Wed Jul 09 2008, 18:20

    amaterasu wrote:
    quater wrote:
    amaterasu wrote:
    quater wrote:If people were sinless Jesus wouldn't have had to been born of a Virgin.

    did I say that?????????????
    WTF?!?!

    No.

    But that's the reason he had to be born of a Virgin.

    Because we are all born sinners.

    but how could we be born sinners if, when we are born, we haven't done anything except being born
    unless being born in a sin, which its not

    You can blame that on adam and eve. One man brought ever human ever born into sin, while another saves whoever comes to him.
    avatar
    Aichu
    Citizen

    Female
    Number of posts : 3180
    Age : 25
    What's up Tab : The sky, apparently.
    Village : Mockingbird
    Happiness bar :
    99 / 10099 / 100

    Registration date : 2008-03-15

    AMP
    Natural: 3
    Power: 3
    Instinct: 3

    Re: Sneak Peak: Ashes to Ashes (a novella)

    Post by Aichu on Wed Jul 09 2008, 18:22

    amaterasu wrote:
    Aichu wrote:Ah yes, but if I posted any more parts of the story, it might give some of the plot away not to mention the fact that there is one scene I've already written that I think may be to explict that I'm thinking about rewriting. *cough*

    You'll just have to wait until August for the finished product. Or maybe I'll devide it into two parts and get the first part up by the end of June...

    I know, i'll read it when your finish

    I was mostly talking to kagamiko, but ah okay. Might split the story up into two parts, as posting it as one might be too long for most people's attention span, lol.
    avatar
    amaterasu
    Citizen

    Male
    Number of posts : 34165
    Age : 32
    Village : Lion
    Happiness bar :
    50 / 10050 / 100

    Registration date : 2007-07-11

    AMP
    Natural: 0
    Power: 0
    Instinct: 0

    Re: Sneak Peak: Ashes to Ashes (a novella)

    Post by amaterasu on Wed Jul 09 2008, 18:36

    Aichu wrote:
    amaterasu wrote:
    quater wrote:
    amaterasu wrote:
    quater wrote:If people were sinless Jesus wouldn't have had to been born of a Virgin.

    did I say that?????????????
    WTF?!?!

    No.

    But that's the reason he had to be born of a Virgin.

    Because we are all born sinners.

    but how could we be born sinners if, when we are born, we haven't done anything except being born
    unless being born in a sin, which its not

    You can blame that on adam and eve. One man brought ever human ever born into sin, while another saves whoever comes to him.

    do you even know what sin means??

    it means missing the mark (literally that is what it means)
    how can you miss the mark if you have never done anything before?
    God isn't a jerk who would do that
    avatar
    Aichu
    Citizen

    Female
    Number of posts : 3180
    Age : 25
    What's up Tab : The sky, apparently.
    Village : Mockingbird
    Happiness bar :
    99 / 10099 / 100

    Registration date : 2008-03-15

    AMP
    Natural: 3
    Power: 3
    Instinct: 3

    Re: Sneak Peak: Ashes to Ashes (a novella)

    Post by Aichu on Wed Jul 09 2008, 19:08

    In which case, until the moment we sinned we would be holy. How can we be holy when only He is holy?
    avatar
    amaterasu
    Citizen

    Male
    Number of posts : 34165
    Age : 32
    Village : Lion
    Happiness bar :
    50 / 10050 / 100

    Registration date : 2007-07-11

    AMP
    Natural: 0
    Power: 0
    Instinct: 0

    Re: Sneak Peak: Ashes to Ashes (a novella)

    Post by amaterasu on Wed Jul 09 2008, 19:41

    Aichu wrote:In which case, until the moment we sinned we would be holy. How can we be holy when only He is holy?
    well God did breath into us, that is what separates us from other animals
    he made us holy in the beginning, but we turned away from him.

    Babies haven't done anything but be born
    so how could they have done anything right as well?

    they are just neutral

    so that's why a scenario like this will probably never happen.


    a mother is giving birth, but is stranded on a desert island by herself

    she dies giving birth to the baby and the baby dies hours later, will it go to heaven or hell?
    avatar
    Aichu
    Citizen

    Female
    Number of posts : 3180
    Age : 25
    What's up Tab : The sky, apparently.
    Village : Mockingbird
    Happiness bar :
    99 / 10099 / 100

    Registration date : 2008-03-15

    AMP
    Natural: 3
    Power: 3
    Instinct: 3

    Re: Sneak Peak: Ashes to Ashes (a novella)

    Post by Aichu on Wed Jul 09 2008, 19:44

    But babies sometimes do die hours after they are born.

    They are human, and humans cannot be neutral- there is only heaven and hell.

    How God judges this, I really can't say.

    The reason why we clash, ama, is because you see the world in shades of grey while I see things as black and white...
    avatar
    jake989
    Citizen

    Male
    Number of posts : 17436
    Age : 23
    Fanclubs : Naruto Uzumaki FanClub! n00b Control, WotN Veteran Princes
    Village : Scorpion
    Happiness bar :
    100 / 100100 / 100

    Registration date : 2007-09-30

    AMP
    Natural: 42
    Power: 12
    Instinct: 39

    Re: Sneak Peak: Ashes to Ashes (a novella)

    Post by jake989 on Thu Jul 10 2008, 00:53

    I love it!!!
    Great story line!
    Can't wait for the whole thing!!
    avatar
    Aichu
    Citizen

    Female
    Number of posts : 3180
    Age : 25
    What's up Tab : The sky, apparently.
    Village : Mockingbird
    Happiness bar :
    99 / 10099 / 100

    Registration date : 2008-03-15

    AMP
    Natural: 3
    Power: 3
    Instinct: 3

    Re: Sneak Peak: Ashes to Ashes (a novella)

    Post by Aichu on Thu Jul 10 2008, 16:08

    jake989 wrote:I love it!!!
    Great story line!
    Can't wait for the whole thing!!

    Thanks Jake ^^

    Rofl, I just did some research and realised I need to change some stuff ._. I hate it when that happens!

    Sponsored content

    Re: Sneak Peak: Ashes to Ashes (a novella)

    Post by Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Wed Sep 20 2017, 19:47