50 / 10050 / 100

Registration date : 2007-12-22

AMP
    Natural: 44
    Power: 45
    Instinct: 42

WAR (KatannaSan)

Post by KatannaSan on Fri Mar 14 2008, 00:46

This is some half done story, but I'm hoping it will still get the point across.

WAR
    By: KatannaSan

Sleeping peacefully, in that quiet town of Hitsugaru, the sun arose. A tear escaped my mother’s eye as the door slid shut.

I awoke to this, my hair in a mess. Peering out the window two men could be seen going out in the distance. Getting to my feet I hurried out quickly, slipping on my sandals as I took off after them.

“Brother!”

The closest figure stopped, turning to catch my approaching form. I hurriedly sprint to him, the morning breeze biting my cheeks. The boy I called brother stopped me by the head, a smile placed upon his features, one that would forever imprint in my mind. He knelt down to my level, onto one knee.

“What are you doing out in the morning cold in that?”

“Brother, why are you leaving?”

I ignored his question, right to the point. The smile never left his face.

“Get inside Haru, you still have chores that Mother would want you to finish before breakfast.”

Tears were fighting to my eyes.

“Bu-”

“Kitsu, we should be going. There’s no time to waist.”

My brother turned to the older man nodding, our father.

“Keep the family together, Haru.”

Kitsu ruffled my hair, messing it up further. He still held that smile, that grin of..... happiness?

He stood back up, walking towards the older man so casually. Leaving me, mother, the family behind. He never said that he’s be back, he just said to keep the family together.

So he didn’t believe he was coming back home? Tears won the battle, flowing over my cheek. My hands shook as I watched the two of them trot off down the paved road. Off to fight for their lives...

This was what war does to people, to families. It breaks bonds, tearing them apart. The war took my father and brother that day, that summer morn. But, it just couldn’t stop there. It had to take more...

Fire littered the town. Screams filled the air. Ash perfumed my senses as everyone danced with fear. I ran along with them. Clashing kunai rang through the ears of many, only increasing the parole that was unleashed.

The war had not only plundered the town of out loved ones, the ones of age to fight, but now had moved to our once peaceful town as a battle ground.

I hate the war!

The people involved in it!

The enemy who invoked it!

The bloodshed!

I tripped while in mid-run, tumbling to all fours.

My breath was short. Fire was approaching and at any moment a stray dagger could go in my direction.

I could only suppose I blanked out for a few seconds, minutes, because before I knew it, a shuriken came only a few centimeters off of the right. I froze, not daring to look around.

Was I to crawl away to attempt being invisible to the enemy, or just stay there and hope for the best?

Blood splatter appeared on my hand, at least, that was the only place I noticed.

“Get out of here!”

Slowly, I turn around. There was a man, tall as a tree. Blood stained every inch of him as some fresh blood was now dripping from his hand.

Had this warrior saved me?

Was he actually brave?

I stared at his eyes as he revealed a sword in his uninjured hand.

“What did I tell you kid? Get out of this town!”

Those word sparked my nerves and I scrambled up to my feet, nearly falling down once again. I ran and ran, that shinobi’s face in my mind, that look in his eyes.

He almost reminded me of my brother, without the smile.

The war tore families apart. It took my father and brother.

But it also proved bravery.

To be strong enough to save a life. To even step foot into the battlefield with your own accord. I could only imagine the fear that both sides may have felt, but knowing you’re protecting someone...

That was years ago. I now stare at my children’s service papers. It was a demand in which was straight from the high council.

I closed my eyes. The only sound through the room would be the tearing of the scroll.

I now pray three souls. My brother, my father, and that lone solder that is a hero. No, they’re all heros...

I may have had a new respect for the ones who are in the war. I may have had a new side of the story, but that does not mean I would subject anyone to bloodshed...

Hope you enjoyed it! Sorry if it was a bit... sloppy.... -_-
    Queen_Of_Ramen_Ninja
    Citizen

Female
    Number of posts : 1926
    Fanclubs : AkuRoku, SasuSaku
    Village : Scorpion
    Happiness bar :
    67 / 10067 / 100

Registration date : 2007-09-23

AMP
    Natural: 21
    Power: 19
    Instinct: 19

Re: WAR (KatannaSan)

Post by Queen_Of_Ramen_Ninja on Fri Mar 14 2008, 04:23

It moved a little fast, but I liked the plot of it.

YAY! -claps-

GOOD WORK!
    KatannaSan
    Citizen

Female
    Number of posts : 2239
    What's up Tab : Howzit! ^-^
    Happiness bar :
    50 / 10050 / 100

AMP

Post by KatannaSan on Mon Mar 17 2008, 22:07

Thankx!

^-^

Yeah, sorry about that...

Hehehe...

I was a bit rushed....
    Destinykil
    Police Chief
    Police Chief

Male
    Number of posts : 30675
    What's up Tab : Eroding slowly
    Fanclubs : WONTON BRIGADE, Hellsing Fanclub
    Village : Cops
    Happiness bar :
    100 / 100100 / 100

Registration date : 2008-01-03

AMP
    Natural: 0
    Power: Wind Tornado
    Instinct: 0

Post by Destinykil on Tue Mar 18 2008, 16:24

it ws good.....des likes....was a lil rished but none the lss good
    KatannaSan
    Citizen

Female
    Number of posts : 2239
    What's up Tab : Howzit! ^-^
    Happiness bar :
    50 / 10050 / 100

AMP

Post by KatannaSan on Tue Mar 18 2008, 23:09

Destinykil wrote:it ws good.....des likes....was a lil rished but none the lss good

It seemed rushed because I was rushed and I'm sorry for that. I do thank you for your opinion!

^-^

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Oct 17 2017, 03:30